Rock'd-n-Lock'd Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling

4 posters

Go down

which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling Empty which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling

Post  boknows Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:35 pm

hey guys,

I ran with you over a year ago at Naches and Reiter before I got deployed. Well, I am almost back home and am in the market for tires, new springs, and shocks. You may or may not remember, I run the 97 white TJ, 33" MTRs, RE LA 3.5", ARBs back and front, always had wife and two young kids in tow.
which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling DSC04270
Anyhow, I am wanting to stuff 35's under it and get away from the MTRs so I have something that'll stop on wet pavement (DD). I have been looking at the Cooper SSTs, Pro Comp XMT, and anything else that comes on a 15" wheel. Not a fan of the new KM2s. I remember someone running the SSTs, just don't know who.....
For lift I have all but pulled the trigger on 4.5" springs, Bilstein 5100s

Any feedback would be great and I will see you soon.

Jason

Last edited by boknows on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture)
boknows
boknows
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling Empty Re: which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling

Post  I FLEX Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:15 pm

I have the Toyo MT's in 33x12.5x15

which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling Toyo.tires.open.country.mt

They have been awesome for me so far. They've worked well in mud, snow, loose gravel hills; as well as performed well on the street since my rig is a DD. The tread is similar to MTR but with manufacture siping and on the outer lugs in between each they have the ridge like the BFG MT's which help release the suction when mud starts to get packed on. I got them at Les Schwab and had the additional siping done, it really helps when i've had to hit my brakes hard on a wet road. Additionally off-road they have been very durable, they have a really thick sidewall (6-ply i believe). Rubbing up hard on the rocks at Moonrocks, FunnyRocks, and countless tree roots without any damage.(knock on wood). I had some Wildcat EXT's before and i messed up 2 of them at Walker Valley on the same trip.
I FLEX
I FLEX
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling Empty Re: which tires for HWY and PNW wheeling

Post  mumblewood Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Toyos work good the Coopers just as good the procomps work well but wear fast from what I've been told
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  GHARRIS Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:01 pm

I bought the Cooper as a less expensive alternative to the Toyo. I think it's a good all around tire for a daily driver. I'd buy them again.
GHARRIS
GHARRIS
Tire Kicker

http://www.myspace.com/g_fresh_doggystyle

Back to top Go down

Post  boknows Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:43 am

I was looking at the Toyos but didn't like the 13.5 width on the 35's, so I started looking into the STTs because the design is almost identical. Plus I have heard the weight of the Toyos is pretty heavy...although I've never heard anything negative other than that. Down to two, Pro comps and Cooper's.
boknows
boknows
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down