Rock'd-n-Lock'd Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

Built a new storage trunk

4 posters

Go down

Built a new storage trunk Empty Built a new storage trunk

Post  wsm04rubi Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:35 am

Today I finished up the storage trunk I've been working on. Here are some pictures...

The design leaves room in the rear footwells for little stuff like my recovery bag and camera bag. The cover is hinged halfway back to allow easy access to stuff under the cover. The front section is plenty strong enough to strap a cooler to the top, but I still need to add some tie-down hoops.

Built a new storage trunk Trunk1

Inside there is some pretty heavy duty bracketry to keep stuff secure in the event of an offroad rollover. The bulkhead brackets use the front-most bolts of the two rear seat brackets. The angle-iron in the center provides good support for weight on top of the cover.

Built a new storage trunk Trunk2

The hinged section is secured using the factory add-a-trunk hardware. The hinge is mostly hidden by the carpet, but it is one of those 4' long hinges you can buy in the hardware section at Lowes. Must have 50 screws in that hinge.

Built a new storage trunk Trunk3

The hinged section stops 4 inches from the tailgate. I did this on purpose for 2 reasons: 1) If I'm on a trail in a situation where I really need to get something out of the back, but can't open the tailgate - I can reach an arm through the gap to remove the knobs securing the cover; 2) When the softop is down there is room to stuff the top material down through the gap so the top still looks neatly stowed. I am not so much looking for security from theft as I am securing gear offroad without having to deal with tie-down straps every time I need something out of the back.

I left the carpet long enough to cover the gap when the tailgate is closed, so it isn't obvious that someone could reach underneath and loosen the top. In this picture you can see the excess carpet.

Built a new storage trunk Trunk4

The pictures don't really do it justice. I am really happy with how this thing turned out. I've probably got about $75 in it, counting wood, hardware, paint and carpet.

BTW, the bright white spots in some of the pictures above is reflections from snow - it was snowing when I took the pictures. Grrrr - it isn't supposed to snow this time of year...
wsm04rubi
wsm04rubi
Admin

https://rockdnlockd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Built a new storage trunk Empty Re: Built a new storage trunk

Post  mumblewood Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:18 am

Looks good Bill! cheers
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down