Rock'd-n-Lock'd Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

Liberty

4 posters

Go down

Liberty Empty Liberty

Post  MadMark Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:25 am

Ten minutes after we started on the trail this is what I saw looking down the hill
Liberty Img_0010
Liberty Img_0011
Liberty Img_0012
Zip rolled down this hill behind the Ranger station
Liberty Img_0013
Zip was hurt, nothing serious thank goodness, but he went to the Doctor to get checked out.
Liberty Img_0014
Liberty Img_0015
Broken and bent springs. maybe one bent wheel.
Liberty Img_0016
Liberty Img_0017
Lee drove the beast out after we pull and chained the rear axle in place.
Liberty Img_0018
MadMark
MadMark
Vice President

Back to top Go down

Liberty Empty Survived!

Post  Zip Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:48 am

I ended up w/ a concussion & 3 staples along w/ multiple cuts & hemo-something on the right side of my head. I'm pretty swollen & bruised this morning, the back & neck are ache also, but I'm alive & breathing to write this. I hope everyone elses day went better

Just to recap what I remember, 1st mistake was not being in the correct gear (2nd) & not carrying any momentum into the slick rocks. After slipping & sliding I attempted to back off the rocks & the brakes wouldn't hold (once again Sad  ), so back I came, I attempted to shift into reverse, but missed the gear. Pumping the brakes failed to accomplish anything so I tried to catch a tree to stop me. After that it was just going back faster & I was trapped in the jeep on it's side. My head apparently hit the roll cage & I got the cuts from the bolts that hold the aluminum lid on.

Thank You, John B & John (Woodsrat) for wrapping my head up to stop the bleeding, Dr's said nice work

Thank You, Opi for taking & waiting for me at the clinic

Thank You, Chuck (Charlene) for answering the cell to get direction to the urgent care in Cle Elum

Thank You, Chris, Lee, Brent, Mark & everyone helping in getting the jeep out & on the trailer

Thank You, Chris for assisting me in getting out of the jeep, I was pretty twisted up in there

I'll get the jeep fixed as quick as possibel after a little healing, definitely won't go out again until I get the brakes working right.  The cage held up, thank goodness, other than the broken leaf springs I can't tell it rolled Shocked

Sorry to make such a negative 1st impression on the folks I just met, Brent, Bogdan, Jess, Opie & others I've forgotten
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Liberty Empty Re: Liberty

Post  woodsrat Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Glad to hear you're ok. That was a pretty rough roll. The rest of the day was not nearly as exciting as the way you started it off. We made a short run up crystal ridge, down the paved road and back up 320. Somewhere along the way I lost my alternator belt and my spare didn't want to stay on. Just when we started heading back up the hill on 320 the green yj lost a transfer case so we had to pull him all the way up the hill and back to camp (it took two of us pulling to get up some hills). You guys are always fun to wheel with, look forward to doing it again minus the roll part.
woodsrat
woodsrat
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  MadMark Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Thanks to everyone for the help, great job all.
I don't know to many jeeps that you can roll and and not notice any difference in body work. Cage held up great, didn't even look tweaked. Opi took Zip to the clinic while we were getting his jeep off the hill. Zips jeep had to be pulled down hill before we could roll it back over. We had Zips winch hook to a tree up the hill, Woodsrat winch hooked to the rear bumper, and Chris was hooked to the high side to roll it back over. With the tires back on the ground we had to get right rear axle pulled forward so it would roll, it was pinned against the rear bumper. Plugs were pulled and engine turned over(i have oil stains to prove it) and engine fired right up after they put it back together. Lee was able to drive his jeep to the ranger station to load on Zips trailer. We were getting ready to head out with Zips truck when he called and said he was coming back all patched up. Chris, Lee, Opi, Sue and I headed out for a 2 hour run to finish the day.
MadMark
MadMark
Vice President

Back to top Go down

Post  white knuckler Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Well, sounded like another day at the office to me!!  Staples, concussions, dressings wrapped precisely around Zip's large cranium, and HEMATOMA (bruising) of the right side of the head.......Wow, I get paid to deal with that STUFF!!  REALLY GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL LEALON AFTER SEEING THE PIC's cheerscheers 
As far as the Jeep, I agree with Mark it doesn't look any worse for the wear.......it may have several small hematomas on the ride side in the paint too (or is that just tranny fluid???? lol! 
Glad the carnage wasn't any worse.......I can't personally wait to hear the story over a drink!!  Keep wheeling guys and look forward to seeing you soon.
white knuckler
white knuckler
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down