Rock'd-n-Lock'd Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

Memorial

+7
Zip
aliB
wsm04rubi
mumblewood
GHARRIS
SUPAFLY
rubikong
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Memorial Empty Memorial

Post  rubikong Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:59 pm

So after a little thought, It just wouldn't be right not to go to the Little Naches side for Memorial. Alot of people who don't jeep, and everyone's wives and kids all love our spot. We can go to rider's camp all year, but it's tradition to do Naches on Memorial. We know how bad the trails get now, so we'll just have to get up early and go. We have been meaning to run the whole trail anyway right? If we leave late, ya'll know we can just go around the jams. Besides I'm going to be there for over a week, and I want to be in my favorite spot.

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
rubikong
rubikong
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Memorial Empty Re: Memorial

Post  SUPAFLY Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 pm

X2
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  GHARRIS Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:14 pm

Word brotha! I'll bring my unicycle.
GHARRIS
GHARRIS
Tire Kicker

http://www.myspace.com/g_fresh_doggystyle

Back to top Go down

Post  mumblewood Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:24 pm

I cant say anything that is considered politically correct or PG 13 to that statment Rolling Eyes
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  wsm04rubi Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:45 pm

I can turn on the word censoring, and then you can say anything you want, but we'll all have to decode what it means when you say "That is f$%k#d up" lol!
wsm04rubi
wsm04rubi
Admin

https://rockdnlockd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:54 pm

HA HA!!!! Good one Bill
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  aliB Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:54 am

Dang Dale when you going up??? I'm in agreement on Naches. We need the river spot again plus we can get the trailer down there. I vote for Naches. I plan to take off Wed- fri so hopefully we can head up Tues after work if other people are going to be up there.
aliB
aliB
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 am

I'll go wherever the group decides to go, it doesn't matter to me...no debate here

Where's your favorite camping location?
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  rubicons4 Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 am

Yes, Naches has been tradition for Memorial weekend.

rubicons4
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:06 am

Carl, we'll be up there the entire week before memorial day, so come up whenever you can.
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  mumblewood Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:36 am

That side is lame and if I can find enough people to go to the Manashtash side then thats where I'll be going. There are alot more trails to be run on that side and thats why Im going, to run trails, not to hand out with a bunch of people who don't have wheeling rigs. I would never invite people who dont have wheeling rigs out for a weekend where Im going to be wheeling so there not going to be any of my problem or concern. I will only be going to the 410 side if I cant get enough people to come with me to the Manashtash side or if I cant find another group to wheel with that weekend.
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:49 pm

WOW, decisions, decisions...lets discsuss the pros & cons of either Naches vs. Manastash/Rider Camp?

Pros of Naches
*usually an easy drive over
*good camping on the river
*good wheeling, challenging trails
*good trail intertainment, stupid people & carnage

Cons of Naches
*if the snow conditions stay as they are, the drive around would be ridiculous
*have to get there early to acquire a camping spot on the river
*lots of non-wheelers
*lots of (stupid) wheelers
* trails can get extremely congested, long waits due to carnage

Pros of Manastash/Rider camp
*usually an easy drive over
* good camping
*good wheeling, challenging trails
*not as many stupid people

Cons of Manstash/Rider Camp
*the logging road in can be extremely rough
*have to get over early to acquire a decent group camp
*limited camping
*access to trails could be difficult

Post up your thoughts, I tend to lean towards accessibility, if Chinook Pass isn't open by Memorial Weekend the drive is not worth the wheeling, and hassle with the crowd. Then the best bet would be the Manastash/Rider camp option, evryone else will be weighing the same option as we get closer to that date
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  mumblewood Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Also if the snow line is too low to run at either, Liberty is on the way back.
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  rubicons4 Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:14 pm

There's been a lot more drunks and loud partying on the 410 side the last few years.

rubicons4
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  aliB Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:39 pm

SInce when is Carl Ali B??? Thanks Justin! Evil or Very Mad
aliB
aliB
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:37 pm

aliB wrote:SInce when is Carl Ali B??? Thanks Justin! Evil or Very Mad

Oops! That won't happen again Very Happy
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  rubikong Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:25 pm

Well the club is big enough to split up now anyways. I'm not trying to start any fueds. When I called Naches at the meeting, it's because that's where I'm going. With all due respect, I (along with everyone) discussed Rider's Camp. I don't see any problem with rider's camp exept possible elevation issues. As far as driving around, this will be my third time. Let me make this perfectly clear. I'm going on the 17th and coming back on the 26th. There is no way I'm hanging around Rider's camp for over a week, as apposed to Naches. I'm pretty sure Rider's camp is all pay spots as well. I'll have plenty of clear trails before the whole world shows up. I appologize for having friends and family be the "people who don't have wheeling rigs", however Jon is right about that causing problems with open seats. This is something that I have grown accustomed to and have come to accept. This is only an issue on Memorial. So to summerize, I'm not trying to talk anyone out of Rider's Camp (well kind of), but Jon I would keep tabs on the conditions on that road up. It was an interesting drive on that gravel in Perfect conditions. That is if your towing. I just assumed that you were.
rubikong
rubikong
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:50 am

mumblewood wrote:That side is lame and if I can find enough people to go to the Manashtash side then thats where I'll be going. There are alot more trails to be run on that side and thats why Im going, to run trails, not to hand out with a bunch of people who don't have wheeling rigs. I would never invite people who dont have wheeling rigs out for a weekend where Im going to be wheeling so there not going to be any of my problem or concern. I will only be going to the 410 side if I cant get enough people to come with me to the Manashtash side or if I cant find another group to wheel with that weekend.

Do what you gotta do, you know where we'll be
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  mumblewood Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:15 am

Maybe I wouldn't be so upset about the whole thing if you would have asked people where they wanted to go instead of just telling everyone where we are going to go. I thought we voted on things like that in this club
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Nobody told anyone where they HAVE to go, and I'm sure this won't be the last time we all don't agree on something. This is exactly why a lot of people don't like "clubs". As a club, we don't always have to do the same thing. If one group would like to go to Manashtash, and another group to Naches, theres nothing wrong with that. Start a poll and see if theres interest in having another group. As for me, I'll be at Naches because its free to camp (I'll be up there over a week) I'll be mountain biking as well, and I know the area. I would love to stay at Riders Camp a different weekend.
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  rubikong Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:20 pm

I don't get it. This is my vacation from work. I scheduled the time last month. I'm not asking other people where I want to go on my own vacation. We talked at the last meeting. We can talk and vote 3 more times after this meeting on monday. I'm sorry I used "we", but I have the right to try to influence people too. Also what's new about this? I said at the meeting last month that "Me and Justin are going to Naches a whole week early". Then Zip brought up Rider's Camp, and then you agreed with Zip, and the only reason I didn't say that I was totally opposed to it, was to give other people a chance to make up their own mind. I also didn't want to be rude. So yeah I shouldn't have used "we" to start this thread, but it's done now. What can I do? I have to go to Naches it's in my blood Jon. I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think, even if I were going for only 3 days, that this is the right conditions for rider's camp. Correction I've never been to rider's camp that time of year. From Zip's comments (no offense) I understood that it's a likely possibility that the road could be bad, and there sometimes could even be snow. Now I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but what is our resolution now? If I screwed everything up I'm sorry. I've been known to do this before. I started trying to hijack You and Gabe from your crew 7 years ago, to go to the very place we are talking about, on the very weekend in question. I understand that that holds no weight, but I am trying to explain how I choose to not make a choice. I really Have to go there. I did, try to consider going to rider's camp. I hope your not mad at me as a person, but if your mad at me as a jeeper, I can handle it. Again not to be a smart ass, but to throw some fuel on the fire...... I guarantee I'm going to Naches in 2009.
rubikong
rubikong
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  rubicons4 Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:00 pm

I'll be at Naches! Smile

rubicons4
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:56 pm

1st off, no problem you not hurting any feelers here. As for Rider/Manastash caming up at the last meeting I didn't realize there was a club tradition to camp at Naches
2ndly, clubs, yes I agree that eveyone doesn't have to follow the leader (hypothytically), that's why I run with the R-n-L's, and the the BEST club. There's nothing in either by-laws that state I can't be member in two, or three clubs. I like to wheel, my schedule, and plans don't always match those of either club. Today was an excellent example, R-n-L went and did a fun snow, as well as BEST, I chose to go with the BEST group, we all had a good time...as a club
3rdly, let's stop the bickering and decide as a club, or individuals where we want to go. No one's being forced to go, sure a twist on words can happen, but everyone makes their own decisions. Lobbying is part of politics, clubs can get political. Then there's the mud slinging & name calling, but hey folks we're not politicians, we're wheelers, we know how to get real dirty
4thly, camping on either side of the hill is no matter, even if the camping is split, there's only a hill between camps. The groups can meet up at the rocks, and play together, or go over and raid the other camp. I do feel though that comraderie is best felt as a complete group, staying together as a club. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the whole. Heck after the 2nd bottle is passed around the fire, all will be forgotten anyways

You're all a fairly good group of folks, I've only wheelend with some of you once so far, met a few more at the meetings. We still don't really know each other, but I see a bunch of good friends who like to wheel...heck Memorial Weekend is a ways off yet RELAX...so where's this must be at camp at in Naches?
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  mumblewood Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:11 am

This isnt worth being upset for me anymore, I got no problem with anyone on here, its cool cheers cheers
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  wsm04rubi Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:33 am

cheers It doesn't matter to me as long as I get to go wheeling...
wsm04rubi
wsm04rubi
Admin

https://rockdnlockd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next