Rock'd-n-Lock'd Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

*** RIMROCK RUN, REVISED DATE ***

+4
xj97jks
MadMark
Homey
Zip
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*** RIMROCK RUN, REVISED DATE *** Empty *** RIMROCK RUN, REVISED DATE ***

Post  Zip Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Misread the calendar and have plans on the weekend of October 10 & 11...I've revised the dates to the weekend before October 3 & 4. Hope This doesn't create conflict for others, post up & let me know

October 3 & 4, camping at Bakeoven Flats (primitive camping), run whatever trails we choose

Let's get a good turn out, best wheeling in the state...up for discussion at tonights meeting

Logistics to follow after tonights meeting for some REAL Washington wheeling...hey we have the TEAM TROPHY champs to set the pace for us ALL & a month to prepare

Last edited by Zip on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

*** RIMROCK RUN, REVISED DATE *** Empty Re: *** RIMROCK RUN, REVISED DATE ***

Post  Homey Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:04 pm

im in......hopefully nice and muddy!!!!!!
Homey
Homey
President

Back to top Go down

Post  MadMark Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:32 pm

All the camp areas are $8.00 a night. There was fire along the short and dirty ridge line and some of the trails leading up there also. All areas south of 1070 were closed labor day weekend due to fires still burning. Shouldn't be a problem the 10th and 11th of October. Lower Bakeoven flats is a nice camp spot and is just shy of mile marker #5(marked on road and trees). Homey if it's muddy you better get that skinny pedal lubed up. I'm in
MadMark
MadMark
Vice President

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:17 pm

MadMark wrote:All the camp areas are $8.00 a night. There was fire along the short and dirty ridge line and some of the trails leading up there also. All areas south of 1070 were closed labor day weekend due to fires still burning. Shouldn't be a problem the 10th and 11th of October. Lower Bakeoven flats is a nice camp spot and is just shy of mile marker #5(marked on road and trees). Homey if it's muddy you better get that skinny pedal lubed up. I'm in

Thanks for the additonal info Mark, looking forward to getting back down there
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  xj97jks Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 pm

im in!!!! if im not hunting....i havent done a real run all summer long...gotta get some wheelin in!!!!
xj97jks
xj97jks
Tire Kicker

http://www.myspace.com/freeride675

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Why does it say the weekend BEFORE the 3rd and 4th?
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:26 pm

SUPAFLY wrote:Why does it say the weekend BEFORE the 3rd and 4th?

Modern Rifle hunting season commences on October 12th I believe, and goes for a couple weeks
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 pm

I was just confused by the wording. So its Oct. 3rd and 4th. I'm planning on making it.
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:09 am

SUPAFLY wrote:I was just confused by the wording. So its Oct. 3rd and 4th. I'm planning on making it.

CORRECT, thanks for clarifying
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  MadMark Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:15 am

Unfortunately the 3rd and 4th doesn't work for me. No We'll see on the trail another time.
MadMark
MadMark
Vice President

Back to top Go down

Post  white knuckler Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Cool, looks like these dates will work for us! Would like to get one more trail run in before I tear into the tranny, etc. this winter Smile
white knuckler
white knuckler
Club Member

Back to top Go down

*** RIMROCK RUN, REVISED DATE *** Empty LOGISTICS

Post  Zip Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:20 pm

DIRECTIONS:
Like a Star @ heaven From I-405, Maple Valley Hwy 169, to Enumclaw left onto Hwy 410 heading towards Cayuse/Chinook Passes...stay RIGHT at the Y onto Hwy 123 towards Cayuse Pass...follow through Mt. Rainier National Park...at the end of Hwy 123 (stop sign) turn sharp left onto Hwy 12, follow over White Pass & past Rimrock Lake & past the dam
Like a Star @ heaven right turn onto Tieton Reservoir Rd (1200), about a mile or so past the dam
Like a Star @ heaven Follow 1200 around to the south side of the lake, after passing Pine Ridge Rd (1203) & crossing over the bridge, 1st left (straight turn) will be South Tieton Rd (1000)
Like a Star @ heaven Follow (1000) for about 5 miles, Bakeoven Flats campground ($8.00 daily fee/primitive/no running water) will be on the left
Like a Star @ heaven I'm heading out Friday PM, it's about a 4 hour drive from Renton...hoping to be on the trail at a decent hour Saturday AM

NO GAS STATIONS ARE NEAR BY, SO BRING EXTRA GAS FOR TOW RIGS & 4x4 IF NEEDED
Last gas will be at the White Pass Ski area, or the town of Naches about 20+ miles either direction from camp

Like a Star @ heaven As the date gets closer please post up when your planning on heading down & guesstimated arrival timr so we will plan our trail departure times accordingly
Question If there are any questions please ask

Chris/Mark, I've never camped at Bakeoven Flats, are there pit outhouses & running water there? Are Northwest Passes required with the $8.00 campiong fee?
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  MadMark Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:24 am

Good directions. The gas station at white pass does not have diesel fuel. Whistling Jacks has diesel fuel for those that care. I made it over and back and still had a 1/4 tank of fuel. There is a outhouse in the middle of camp and a pay station. No running water but your right on the river. The last 5 miles of 123 before you hit hwy 410 is pretty bumpy. The pay station in camp did not mention northwest passes.
MadMark
MadMark
Vice President

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Thanks for validating the directions, and following up with additional info...maybe your plans will change so you can make it
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullseye Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 am

When are people planning on arriving? Saturday morning or Friday evening?
Bullseye
Bullseye
Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Bullseye wrote:When are people planning on arriving? Saturday morning or Friday evening?

I'm heading out Friday PM, it's about a 4 hour drive for me so I'm figuring on getting there hopefully before dark

Hoping to head out onto the trail around 9ish Saturday AM, just depends when everyone chooses to show up.

I believe Chris is planning on heading down on Friday PM also
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

*** RIMROCK RUN, REVISED DATE *** Empty Special Weather Statement for East Slopes Of The Central Cas

Post  Zip Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:06 pm

... MUCH COOLER WEATHER BEGINNING TUESDAY...

A TRANSITION FROM MILD SUMMER-LIKE CONDITIONS TO MUCH COOLER WEATHER WILL BEGIN TOMORROW AS A COLD FRONT PUSHES EAST OF THE CASCADES. SNOW LEVELS WILL LOWER TO AROUND 5000 FEET TONIGHT THEN AROUND 4000 FEET TUESDAY NIGHT. ONLY LIGHT PRECIPITATION AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH WEDNESDAY... THEREFORE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE LIGHT. AT ELEVATIONS ABOVE 4000 FEET... ACCUMULATIONS FROM A TRACE TO AROUND 2 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.

A BREAK IN PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED DURING THE MID WEEK BEFORE THE NEXT SYSTEM ARRIVES ON FRIDAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND FOR A CHANCE OF RAIN AND HIGH ELEVATION SNOW AND NEAR TO BELOW SEASONAL TEMPERATURES.

THOSE PLANNING OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES THIS WEEK SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR THE CHANGE TO MUCH COOLER AND WET CONDITIONS. EXPECT SNOW IN THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. FOR MORE INFORMATION...

Last edited by Zip on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullseye Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Looks like we are planning to leave early Saturday morning (since we work Friday and wouldn't be able to leave until 9pm or later). You still planning to head out on the trails around 9ish on Saturday?
Bullseye
Bullseye
Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Bullseye wrote:Looks like we are planning to leave early Saturday morning (since we work Friday and wouldn't be able to leave until 9pm or later). You still planning to head out on the trails around 9ish on Saturday?

I might be leaving early Sat AM, or late Friday PM also...my son might be moving into another apartment Friday. But either way we'll wait for you I'm sure, what time were you thinking of heading out Sat AM?

Justin/Jesse (XJ), when are you guys planning on heading down?

Jesse (XJ), I won't have an open seat, check with Chris if he, or someone in his groups has?
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  xj97jks Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:26 pm

its looking like i wont be heading over. I think im going to doing some other stuff that weekend! thanks for the open seat invite though!
xj97jks
xj97jks
Tire Kicker

http://www.myspace.com/freeride675

Back to top Go down

Post  SUPAFLY Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:06 pm

I can't afford it. Money is super tight right now.
SUPAFLY
SUPAFLY
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  white knuckler Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:42 pm

It looks like the group is getting smaller.... That's too bad you can't make it, Justin and Jesse... We are still good to go (even though I might only have one eye open since I work three 12 hr. shifts right before) What a Face We are gonna get a few hours sleep though and probably roll out of our place around 4am. If it takes 4 hours to get there from Renton, we need to allow a little more time coming from Snohomish... Hoping this gets us there around 9am so we can hit the trails!
white knuckler
white knuckler
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:55 pm

I'm heading out early Sat AM also, my son got his apartment so we'll be moving him in on Friday PM

Jon/Jessi, I've my camper loaded & will be bringing it down, if you want, and if my snoring doesn't bother you, you both are welcome to stay in it. I'm not putting any water in it though so potty use will be the outhouse, or outdoors. The heater, stove & fridge work though, so plan accordingly

Chris says there's going to be around 10 rigs on this run, a little rain & a little snow means no dust and some just AWESOME wheeling...we'll wait for you as I'll be just ahead of you also
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  woodsrat Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 pm

Sounds like it will be good weekend of wheelin. I was hoping to maybe tag along with you all but I have a friend's wedding to go to so I can't make it. Looking forward to making a run with your group sometime soon though, most my buddys are broke right now.
Out of curiousity how would an open front end be at rimrock? Is it similar to liberty or are the hills more twisty where you would be unloading (lifting) a tire and need the other to pull? I've always had a locked front but my rig now is open and hasn't seemed to be a hinderence.
woodsrat
woodsrat
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  white knuckler Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:50 am

Zip wrote:I'm heading out early Sat AM also, my son got his apartment so we'll be moving him in on Friday PM

Jon/Jessi, I've my camper loaded & will be bringing it down, if you want, and if my snoring doesn't bother you, you both are welcome to stay in it. I'm not putting any water in it though so potty use will be the outhouse, or outdoors. The heater, stove & fridge work though, so plan accordingly

Chris says there's going to be around 10 rigs on this run, a little rain & a little snow means no dust and some just AWESOME wheeling...we'll wait for you as I'll be just ahead of you also

Sounds good, see you there!
white knuckler
white knuckler
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next