Rock'd-n-Lock'd Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

What will break first; prioritizing spare parts???

5 posters

Go down

What will break first; prioritizing spare parts??? Empty What will break first; prioritizing spare parts???

Post  boknows Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 am

So, in preparation for a possible Moab trip I am thinking about spare parts....and that I don't have enough on hand already, especially with the trailer in tow. If you had mine, what would you buy for spare parts and how would you prioritize them?

Here are the mechanical specs:

1997 TJ
3speed auto
RE Long Arm
35x12.50 BFG KM2 on 15x8 wheels
Bilstein 5100 shocks
rubicon D44 rear with chromoly shafts
front and rear ARBs

Thanks
Jason
boknows
boknows
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

What will break first; prioritizing spare parts??? Empty Re: What will break first; prioritizing spare parts???

Post  wsm04rubi Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:36 am

Our first year in Moab, I had no spare parts. Built up a little more each year. Last year I carried spare axle shafts (all 4), control arms (1 lower, 1 front upper and 1 rear upper), drivelines (front and rear), pinion yoke (only need one since both are D44), serpentine belt, tierod and one unit bearing.

This year I'm leaving the spare control arms at home (I'm convinced I will rip brackets off the frame before I break one of these JKS arms), and only carring the short side rear shaft since it will work in both sides as a trail spare. My Jeep is getting a bit too heavy Laughing

On a couple of the days where we were doing trails close to town, I left all spare parts and tools at the hotel, because my sister and her husband rode with us those days, and I needed room for the back seat.
wsm04rubi
wsm04rubi
Admin

https://rockdnlockd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What will break first; prioritizing spare parts??? Empty Re: What will break first; prioritizing spare parts???

Post  mumblewood Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:04 am

whats your front axle?
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Zip Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:44 am

I would say definitely axles, links, u-joints, misc nuts/bolts & any unique parts on your rig

The newer style suspensions seem to break links, or brackets it seems. Like bill said, he's upgraded his links, so now the brackets are his weak links
Zip
Zip
Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post  boknows Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:38 pm

mumblewood wrote:whats your front axle?

It's a Dana 30. I have literally no spare parts and somehow have just lucked out by not breaking anything to thins point. If I am going to make the big trip or continue flogging my jeep with you guys I have got to start bringing a little insurance along.
boknows
boknows
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisstewart36 Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:51 pm

U joints, Unit bearings, and axle shafts. Drivelines if you have the room, just like bill said.
chrisstewart36
chrisstewart36
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down