Rock'd-n-Lock'd Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

from the Southwest

4 posters

Go down

from the Southwest Empty from the Southwest

Post  92yj Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:43 pm

hi, From el Paso, TX. Will be moving out to the Seattle , WA area. Currently have a 92yj. Enjoy offroading.

Hope I can get to know and make new frinds before I make it out there.

Will work in brementon navy ship yard.

I will need help from people that have actually lived there. Debating where I want to live. Brementon, Tacoma or Seattle. Like where should I live? Good areas to live?

Looking frward to the move and meeting new people.

from the Southwest Th_IMG_0211

Thanks,
Lucio

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

from the Southwest Empty Re: from the Southwest

Post  rubicons4 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Welcome!

rubicons4
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  92yj Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:26 pm

rubicons4 wrote:Welcome!

thankyou!!

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  wsm04rubi Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi Lucio, welcome to the site!

If you are going to be working in Bremerton, I would look for a place in that area. Less expensive, MUCH shorter commute times, and lower population density. When you want to visit the big city, you can walk on the ferry, and ride over to downtown Seattle.

If you have never been to the Seattle area, it is hard to really understand how densely populated it is. It blew my mind when we first moved here. Traffic is horrendous almost non-stop from 5AM to 11PM.

But you take a ferry ride from Seattle to either Bremerton or Bainbridge, and when you get off that ferry it is like you arrived in a different world.

I love the Olympic Peninsula, and would live there if I didn't have too many ties to the other side of the water...

Bill
wsm04rubi
wsm04rubi
Admin

https://rockdnlockd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  92yj Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Bill,

Thankyou very much for ur opinion I will truly take it in to consideration. Thats exacly what I was looking for a opinion like yours. hope others on this site can also post their opinions.

This is why I am looking in to offroad clubs. I am in to offrad and thought I could get in touch with other peopole that share my same intrest and hopefully they can help me with some type of orientation.

I had a chance to visit Brementon and Seattle ,WA in the thanksgiving time. For the job interview. I loved it.

To be honest I would not picture myself living in Seattle. That would be the city life. I like some space to work on my jeep if necessary. haha.

Was actually thinking Tacoma,WA. Its within driving distance to the shipyard in brmenton and I can also drive to seattle on weekends to the party scene. haha.

I am 27yrs so I would like a area where there is young people and their is things going on.

What do you guys think about Tacoma?

Exspencive? Pros? Cons? Remember I now nothing about the area. I just cruzed by there at night frome the airport to the hotel. Dosent really count. If it was the place i think it was I thaught it was ok. Not to big not to small.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lucio

wsm04rubi wrote:Hi Lucio, welcome to the site!

If you are going to be working in Bremerton, I would look for a place in that area. Less expensive, MUCH shorter commute times, and lower population density. When you want to visit the big city, you can walk on the ferry, and ride over to downtown Seattle.

If you have never been to the Seattle area, it is hard to really understand how densely populated it is. It blew my mind when we first moved here. Traffic is horrendous almost non-stop from 5AM to 11PM.

But you take a ferry ride from Seattle to either Bremerton or Bainbridge, and when you get off that ferry it is like you arrived in a different world.

I love the Olympic Peninsula, and would live there if I didn't have too many ties to the other side of the water...

Bill

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  white knuckler Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Welcome! Living closer to work would be the cheapest...both in land value and in commutting costs! Due to the dense population and resulting cars on the interstate......a small commute would be good! Then, driving on weekends and off peak hours for fun activities out of the area, probably would work best! The great thing about this area is everything you might want to do (or try) is an hour or two away. Hiking, Jeeping, night clubs, paddling, fishing etc...... Closer to work would be my advice, but do what you think is best. cheers
white knuckler
white knuckler
Club Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rubicons4 Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:56 pm

I suggest Gig Harbor. Way better than Tacoma and you won't have to pay the toll each time you head home.

rubicons4
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  92yj Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:09 pm

white knuckler wrote:Welcome! Living closer to work would be the cheapest...both in land value and in commutting costs! Due to the dense population and resulting cars on the interstate......a small commute would be good! Then, driving on weekends and off peak hours for fun activities out of the area, probably would work best! The great thing about this area is everything you might want to do (or try) is an hour or two away. Hiking, Jeeping, night clubs, paddling, fishing etc...... Closer to work would be my advice, but do what you think is best. cheers

true thanks,

nice jeep by the way!!

The job would be in Brementon,WA. What d o you think of that place? It looks like a chill place. Guess I could as you say cruz where ever on free time and have a short commute to work.

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  92yj Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 pm

rubicons4 wrote:I suggest Gig Harbor. Way better than Tacoma and you won't have to pay the toll each time you head home.

I did not know of Gig Harbor. Looks like a nice place.

I assume Seattle is within driving distance and so is where I would be workign Brementon. Next to consider is cost of living. Would you guys have a feel for what is more expensive less expensive? safer areas?

Seattle, brementon, Tacoma? Grig harbor?

To be honest I would like a place that has a litte of everything. Partying cites sucha as bars or clubs, also stores, spacious not to much traffic. Maybe not directly in town but within a relatevily short distance (more-less 30 miles radius)

Any feed back is greatly appreciated. I am an newbie to ur area and know absolutly nothing about it. I have more than a few questions. haha.

Thanks,
Lucio

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  rubicons4 Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Gig Harbor is just on the other side of the Tacoma Narrows. It would add ten minutes to your trip if you were heading to Seattle. Cut ten minutes or more depending on traffic heading to Bremerton. I'm pretty sure Gig Harbor has everything but clubs. real nice sportsmans club!

rubicons4
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  92yj Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:57 pm

rubicons4 wrote:Gig Harbor is just on the other side of the Tacoma Narrows. It would add ten minutes to your trip if you were heading to Seattle. Cut ten minutes or more depending on traffic heading to Bremerton. I'm pretty sure Gig Harbor has everything but clubs. real nice sportsmans club!

cool, thanks.

I just google maped it. seems like seattle is not to far according to google its a 44 mile 50 minute trip, brementon is a 22 mile trip approx 30 minute drive. due to living in Gig Harbor as u mentioned dont have to pay the toll bridge fee tha there is somewere along the way. I I want to visit a major store or biger city I assume Tacome and a s far a s seattle is the place to visit. There should be pleanty of stores party cites there. Within driving distance of brementon with hardly any traffic along north on I-16.

Gig harbor is sounding attractive.

Looks liek a safe place to live and not to over populated.

I will look in to cost of living.

Would like a rent small house. Something with a car garage one atleast 2 preferably. haha.

I hear it rains and is cloudy, pretty cold chill winters. Would like some indor space to work on mechanics or keep the vehicles out of the harsh weather.

hope its not much to ask.

Thanks,
Lucio

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  rubicons4 Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh, Gig Harbor has a Costco, Home Depot, and all the other stores you can think of.

rubicons4
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  92yj Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

nice, thats sounds good having major stores close in town. I am looking for rentals currently in the area. i am having a little trouble finding places in Gig harbor. Will keep looking.

Tanks for the advise,
Lucio Valles

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  92yj Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Well not sure who is still on this forum from when I first posted. Life has been good an din major part to your suggestion fast forward to 2015 and am extremely happy to still be living in the Pacific northwest. love it.

wsm04rubi wrote:Hi Lucio, welcome to the site!

Bill

92yj
Tire Kicker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum