March 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dog found at Mt. Evans

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:15 pm by wsm04rubi

Anyone heard about someone losing a dog at Mt. Evans? Here is info on a lost dog that was picked up there:

http://lostfoundpetswastate.com/2015/04/05/baby-bear-dog-found-in-mountains/

Comments: 2

February RnL meeting

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:14 pm by Zip

Tuesday February 3rd at 7pm, at Ricardos restaurant in Factoria, unless someone comes up with another suggestion

Dues are up for 2015
Take a look at your calendars for this summer to discuss an out of state run this summer. Also for when and where'd you like to go?

Comments: 0

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 am by Zip

santa To ALL RnL members and their families...

...Additionally to ALL our friends and their familes santa

Comments: 0

Hey all, CRJeepin

Go down

Hey all, CRJeepin

Post  CRJeepin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Hey all,
Followed wsm04rubi here from ROF after going for a "low COG" build....dropped from RE 4.5" to Nth 3" and love it, going to have it out on the trails at Rausch Creek in PA this weekend to see how it works offroad - have not had a chance to get out yet since dropping the lift down.

Have been jeepin about 5 years, this was my first heep and have owned (and sold) an XJ and am currently about half done with a CJ-5 frame off.

Anyway this is my heep for those of you that havent seen it on ROF. Talk to you soon - take care
Chris

as it sits today with 3" lift and tube fenders

CRJeepin
Tire Kicker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey all, CRJeepin

Post  mumblewood on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am

Welcome, Im jonwood over on ROF. Nice Rig, got any pic's of the 5?
mumblewood
mumblewood
Tire Kicker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wsm04rubi on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 am

Welcome to the forum Chris!

Also, I'm glad the LCG setup is working out for you. Cool

wsm04rubi
Admin

View user profile http://rockdnlockd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CRJeepin on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 am

Well, I will know how well it's workin this weekend when I take 'er offroad! But it's great so far. I like the rake the Nth springs brought back also - it makes it a lot easier to get the caster right, and it probably will add a mpg on the highway versus being nose-up as I was before. Best of all when I add gear in the back I won't be nose up and bottoming out on the way to wheel.

Do have some pics of the CJ-5, aka Oof 250. There are a few dozen on Photobucket, here:
https://s495.photobucket.com/albums/rr318/CRJeepin/CJ-5%20Frame%20Off/?start=all

This is what it looked like when I brought it home, I bought it off a coworker's father in law for $250 (he was asking $600; when I offered $250 he replied "Oof, 250"....which is how it got its name).

It had been sitting about 12 years out behind the guys house, the motor was fine with a carb rebuild and new fuel pump but the frame was in pretty bad shape and I decided to tear it down and repair. I put a lot more time into the frame than I should have, was probably scrap. Anyway, it's all double fishplated now and POR15 coated. A week after I finished, I found a like-new CJ-5 frame on Craigslist for $150. Didn't buy it, but it was a "DOH!" moment....

Anyway, I tore it down and got started. Frame went from this:

to this
to this

I tracked down a tub last spring; it's a steel reproduction with a tailgate, but I need to weld a brace underneath as it's apparently for an earlier CJ. That's about where I'm at; also have torn apart the rear axle to rebuilt it with new seals and bearings....going to try to get both of those things done this winter and then have it going back together next spring, but we'll see what I get done. Have to weld outside and garage isn't heated, so I always make less progress than I hope in the winter.

Take care
Chris

CRJeepin
Tire Kicker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rubirock on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:05 pm

nice rigs!
rubirock
rubirock
Tire Kicker